Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Pantheon and first day of classes

The Pantheon was the big visit today! I had no idea it is actually a crypt and home to the French Senate (or old boys club, as our guide said). I will have pictures up a little later of an amazing fountain and tombs of some very famous people.

Tonight I am celebrating my 21st!!! I just realized I will be 21 seven hours earlier here, than if I was home. Cool! My host mom said she would make anything for dinner that I could possibly think of. She is a great French cook and I told her I am the least picky eater she will ever meet and I would love to try her favorite traditional French dinner. As soon as I said that, she told me she already knew what she was going to fix.

We had the first class with our teachers today. I am in level Intermediere 1. It is a FANTASTIC class with 16 students: 4 Americans, 2 Pakistani, 1 Polish, 1 Slovakian, 1 Hong Kong, 3 Japanese and 4 nationalities I can't remember! Madame Catherine is tres gentille and speaks beautiful French. 

I'll have birthday pictures tomorrow and look for pictures of Normandy beach on Monday!

Love you all. 

2 comments:

smileygirl0217 said...

Bon Anniversaire Emily!
It sounds like your trip is amazing so far! This blog is awesome...I am getting to live vicariously through you! :D I hope your classes go well!

Emily said...

Thank you so much! Everything has been absolutment parfait! I enjoy keeping the blog for everyone to follow the travels and stay in touch! Thanks for looking! I will have more pictures soon.