Sunday, July 13, 2008

Bastille Day

We haven't had much going on lately here except school, but I thought I would write a little about the noticeable change in Paris during Bastille weekend.  Riding the metro the last few days everyone has been carrying luggage and when we asked our host mom, she said all the Parisians are leaving and all the tourists and people from other European countries are coming. I was stopped twice by tourists asking directions- one group wanted directions in French and one group in English. It really made me feel like a local to know exactly where they needed to go!

We have been extra careful about carrying our purses and cash this weekend, but so far haven't had any problems. We plan to watch the fireworks tomorrow evening at the Eiffel Tower!

1 comment:

dreama said...

Anxious to hear how Bastille Day compares to our July 4th. I could hear fireworks being shot off during the Tour stage today!